We are hiring | Communications Manager
Do you have a strong strategic sense and a sharp eye for details? Can you reach and engage youth, and do you have proven experience with social media? The Ukrainian-Danish Youth House is looking for a proactive Communications Manager to ensure our outreach and facilitate youth-led change.
The Ukrainian-Danish Youth House is a platform that supports youth participation, democracy, and creativity for young Ukrainians and Danes. The physical premises of the Youth House were planned to open in April, and we will continue to work towards an opening as soon as possible. In the meantime, we work hard to offer a creative, inclusive, and democratic platform for everyone between 16 and 35 years of age by facilitating and supporting youth projects and activism across our countries.
As our Communications Manager, you will be responsible for the overall communication of the Ukrainian-Danish Youth House. You will develop and implement our communication strategy, strengthen our brand and our visibility, and make sure to create the desired relation with users of the Youth House as well as our stakeholders. We want to be a place where youth are heard, so you will help give them a voice. You will be part of a team of young and dedicated employees who all care about creating and maintaining a good work environment.
The Youth House is financed by the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and formally steered by a consortium consisting of the Danish Youth Council and the Danish Cultural Institute.
- Develop and implement public outreach and communications strategies and guidelines for the Youth House
- Manage and develop the Youth House’s social networks, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Coordinate promotional online and offline activities, draft and implement creative content
- Draft and proofread press releases and other written communication
- Develop and keep the website updated and relevant
- Ensure effective public relations and media visibility, coordinate media inquiries, and monitor media coverage in both Ukraine and Denmark
- Other duties as assigned
- Relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (communications, journalism or similar)
- Strong command of written and spoken Ukrainian and English
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing social media for organizations or companies and working with media
- Detail-oriented and understanding of branding processes
- Proven writing skills and experience with digital communication
- Understanding of youth trends and experience in engaging youth
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and other related graphic media applications software would be an asset
What we offer:
- An entrepreneurial workspace based in Kyiv, where you will be part of shaping the Youth House
- A possibility to work remotely for the time being
- A 6-month full-time position, with possibility of prolongation
- Salary 850 EUR/month (net), paid out in UAH
- Health insurance
How to apply:
Send your CV and letter of motivation (one page) in English as separate files in an email to Roman Tyshchenko at email@example.com. The deadline for application is June 5th at 23:59.
Should you require additional information, you are welcome to contact Program Manager Roman Tyshchenko at firstname.lastname@example.org or Director Julie Arnfred Bojesen at email@example.com.