FAQ about the Exchange Program
What is the Youth Leader Exchange Program?
Up to 50 young Ukrainians and Danes will be visiting each others countries on two 10-day long trips. That means, approximately 25 young Ukrainians will visit Denmark and 25 young Danes will visit Ukraine.
How does the Program connect to the Ukrainian-Danish Youth House?
The Youth Leader Program is an activity under the Ukrainian-Danish Youth House, facilitated by the Danish Youth Council. For that reason, we will use the Youth House as our physical/virtual base and can support participants developing projects and partnerships beyond the end of the Exchange Program.
In what language will the Program be?
The Program will be in English only, so the participants should speak and write English at a level to take active part in the Program.
Who can apply?
- Applicants should age between 18 - 30 years of age
- Applicants should speak and write English at a level to take active part in the Program.
- Applicants must be active members of a youth organization in either Denmark or Ukraine.
- Applications must be submittet in pairs of two persons from that organization or group.
- The youth organization or group that the participants represent should have an interest in pursuing partnerships across the two countries
- The applicants should have taken some form of leadership in their youth organization or group. Youth leadership can be understood broadly. For example, it can mean both having taken leadership by initiating new projects in a youth group or it could be by having had a formal leadership position in a youth organization.
How much will it cost?
For the selected participants, transport, accommodation and food will be paid for. However, we expect you to contribute by taking active part in the Program and to seek new partnerships and projects with your Ukrainian and Danish counterparts.
When will it take place?
We are hoping for the two trips to be conducted between september and december 2021 with specific dates announced on our website. However, we are monitoring the covid-19 situation closely and will only conduct the program if the regulations of authorities in Denmark and Ukraine permit it safe to travel and to meet. Accordingly, postponement may occur.
What is the language requirement to participate?
Most importantly all participants should be able to participate actively in the Exchange Program. This means discussing, reflecting and conversating in English about democracy and young peoples role in it. To do this we estimate that B2 English level is sufficient.
How many days should I save dates?
Ukrainian participants will have to save the dates for the trip to Copenhagen in November and one or two days in September for the Danish visit. For Danes it will be vice versa.