Job Opportunity | Publishing Project Manager (part-time)
THE DEMOCRACY HANDBOOK: How to actively work with associational democracy ©DUF can be found via this link: https://duf.dk/fileadmin/user_upload/Editor/documents/International/Publikationer/The_Democracy_Handbook.pdf
We are looking for a person who will make sure that the Democracy Handbook is professionally translated and published in Ukrainian for further non-commercial use (full cycle). The goal is to disseminate Ukrainian version of the book among young activists, civil society actors and youth organizations all over Ukraine.
The Ukrainian-Danish Youth House is a platform for young people from Ukraine and Denmark that supports youth participation, democracy, and creativity. Based in Kyiv, we offer a creative, democratic platform for everyone between 16 and 35 years of age to engage, facilitate and support youth projects and activism across our countries. Since 2021 we do this through making the Youth House available for youth, through our own activities and programs, through supporting youth organizations and through our grants. The Youth House is formally steered by a consortium consisting of the Danish Youth Council and the Danish Cultural Institute.
- Manage the book publishing from start to finish, including planning, leading a publishing team, budgeting, and quality assurance
- Work with the translator, editor, corrector and printing company to ensure that the translation is accurate
- Ensure that the project is completed on time, within budget, and to the required quality standards
- Experience in project management and/or publishing
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – ability to clearly set the goals, give proper feedback and motivate
- Ability to work independently as a project manager and as part of a team
What we offer:
- Part-time position (10 hours per week appr.)
- Flexible hours (focusing on the tangible results instead of working hours)
- Remote work
- Start: October 2023; end: January, 2024 (4 months)
- Salary: 15 000 UAH per month net
How to apply:
Send your letter of motivation with examples of the projects on translation/publishing you have managed (max. ½ page) and CV in English as separate files in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: “Publishing Project Manager”.
The deadline for application is September 27th 2023 at 23:59. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
We encourage everyone qualified to apply, regardless of your background, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, physical ability, religious views etc.
All applications will be handled according to the GDPR legislation.