Job Opportunity | Administrative Officer
Use your administrative skills to support youth in Ukraine! The Ukrainian-Danish Youth House is looking for an administrative officer who can help our administration and support with our grant management.
As our administrative officer, you will be part of the Ukrainian-Danish Youth House’s small and dynamic administrations team. You will support with daily administrative tasks, with financial management and with managing our grant program. As an organization in development, you will get the opportunity to make an impact on our internal processes and be a crucial part of continuing and strengthening good practices, efficient workflows, good communication and checks and balances.
You will be part of a team of young and dedicated employees in Kyiv, working closely with colleagues in Ukraine and in Denmark.
The Ukrainian-Danish Youth House is a platform for young people from Ukraine and Denmark that supports youth participation, democracy, and creativity. Based in Kyiv, we offer a creative, democratic platform for everyone between 16 and 35 years of age to engage, facilitate and support youth projects and activism across our countries. Since 2021 we do this through making the Youth House available for youth, through our own activities and programs, through supporting youth organisations and through our grants. The Youth House is formally steered by a consortium consisting of the Danish Youth Council and the Danish Cultural Institute.
- Daily administrative tasks such as filing documents, procurement, expense claims, reimbursements etc.
- Budgeting and financial reporting
- Grants management
- Communications with and technical support to grantees and partners
- Develop and strengthen working processes and systems
- Booking and coordinating travels
- Liaison with vendors and contractors
- Other duties as assigned
- Relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Minimum 2 years of experience from similar positions
- Experience with administrative tasks and excel
- Stringent and professional approach to tasks and guidelines
- Strong command of written and spoken Ukrainian and English
- Experience of working with youth engagement / youth development is an asset
- A strong drive for positive changes and inclusive society
- Willingness to travel in Ukraine
What we offer:
- An entrepreneurial workspace based in Kyiv, where you will be part of the environment in the Youth House
- Office in comfortable and brand-new premises in central Kyiv
- Nine dedicated colleagues in an international environment
- Work computer and phone
- A one-year full-time position with possibility of prolongation
- Salary starting from 900 EUR/month (net)
- 24 days of paid vacation per year
- Health insurance
How to apply:
Send your letter of motivation (max. one page) and CV in English as separate files in an email to Kateryna Zahrudna at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: “Administrative officer”.
The deadline for application is September 26 2023 at 23:59. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
We encourage everyone qualified to apply, regardless of your background, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, physical ability, religious views etc.
All applications will be handled according to the GDPR legislation.