Job Opportunity | Communications Officer
As our Communications Officer, you will work closely with our Communication Manager to strengthen the brand and outreach of the Ukrainian-Danish Youth House and engage young people all across Ukraine. You will be in charge of making our visual identity come to life, supporting with social media management and maintaining and updating our website and digital platforms. We conduct several programs in the Ukrainian-Danish Youth House, and all the young people using our House also facilitate a lot of events and projects, and you will help us make all this happen. You will have many and varied tasks, getting involved with the whole team.
The Ukrainian-Danish Youth House is a platform for young people from Ukraine and Denmark that supports youth participation, democracy, and creativity. Based in Kyiv, we offer a creative, democratic platform for everyone between 16 and 35 years of age to engage, facilitate and support youth projects and activism across our countries. The Youth House is formally steered by a consortium consisting of the Danish Youth Council and the Danish Cultural Institute.
- Design visuals and graphics
- Support in maintaining and developing the Youth House’s social media presence
- Support community management and communication
- Maintain and develop the Youth House website
- Support in conducting promotional activities
- Internal communication and procedures
- Text writing and translation
- Other duties as assigned
- Relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (communications, journalism, political science or similar)
- Minimum 1 year of experience in similar positions
- Proven experience with visuals and graphic design
- Experience in working with design tools, preferably such as Figma, Adobe Photoshop
- Excellent command of written and spoken Ukrainian and English
- Experience with social media and / or PR for organizations
- Excellent writing skills and intercultural approach
- Ability to handle many different tasks simultaneously
What we offer:
- An entrepreneurial workspace based in Kyiv, where you will be part of the environment in the Youth House
- Office in comfortable and brand-new premises in central Kyiv
- Nine dedicated colleagues in an international environment
- Work computer and phone
- A one-year full-time position with possibility of prolongation
- Salary starting from 900 EUR/month (net)
- Health insurance
How to apply:
Send your letter of motivation (max. one page) and CV in English as separate files in an email to Kateryna Zahrudna at email@example.com. Subject line: “Communications Officer”.
The deadline for application is September 22 2023 at 23:59. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
We encourage everyone qualified to apply, regardless of your background, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, physical ability, religious views etc.
All applications will be handled according to the GDPR legislation.